Level 3 | $50,000 – $80,000
A quality engineer is responsible for ensuring that manufactured products meet high-quality standards. A Quality Engineer is responsible for developing processes, testing procedures, and implementing systems to ensure that products and processes comply with safety regulations and meet clients’ expectations.
- Experience in system testing, end-to-end load testing, robustness testing, and managing the required technical infrastructure
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning, and coordinating testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute product test cases.
- Optimize the testing using various tools and automation as applicable.
- Identify, record, and clearly document product issues in the bug tracking system
- Liaise with the internal teams (ex. developers) to identify system requirements.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in embedded system testing and test automation.
- Understanding test processes and methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with test automation, concepts, theories, practices, and procedures along with commitment to product excellence and quality is required.
- Experience in IP and networking protocols is required.
- Experience in audio and video testing is required.
- Experience in providing and presenting project status reports through the development cycle and knowledge of full life cycle of the R&D development process.
- Experience with defect tracking systems, test management systems and software revision control are required.
- Knowledge of Automation technologies (Python, Selenium PowerShell).