$100,000 – 175,000
5% to 7% of Gross Sales, given >20% margins
You will work on collaborative projects with other product managers on highly integrated solutions in a dynamic, creative, and fast-paced environment. Your responsibilities will include product planning, writing, and implementing product requirements, championing the product through the development life cycle, and supporting customer support, sales, and marketing through the product’s entire life cycle.
- Manage technical issues escalated to engineering
- Help define use cases for use by the QE group
- Work with production to improve test plans
- Tracks product failure trends in tandem with production and drives engineering teams toward solutions.
- Present the software, hardware, and integrated solutions virtually or in person (as required)
- Participate in industry tradeshows and other key market events
- Cross-functional collaboration within the shade division to identify the root cause and keep production moving
- Interface with service and support to assist where needed
- Control production rules for shading products to be used across all manufacturing plants
- Work with Business Projects to update online ordering tools to facilitate the launch of new products and features
- Maintain the relevant product content on Business Projects
- Contribute to the training department’s development for all related coursework
- Keep abreast of the competitive landscape and technology trends
- Self-starter with proven ability to learn new technologies and an ability to quickly put that into practice in support of highly visible real-world projects. Be able to research, and become an expert, on new technologies relevant to the product line.
- Be the customer champion, to drive solutions that exceed our customer expectations.
- Be the product evangelist assisting in driving adoption and sales.
- Great organizational skills, and the ability to multitask effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to lead team meetings, set expectations, and hold people accountable for delivering the expected product.
- Preferred experience with Scrum, or other Agile methodologies.
- Team player with visible company spirit. Demonstrable ability to quickly gain the trust of key stakeholders, end-users, and co-workers alike.
- Ability to be hands-on and travel occasionally to job sites to see how our products are installed/applied and be able to translate that experience into a better product in the future.
- A big-picture perspective with a passion for success and willingness to dive into the details necessary to achieve it