On-site Service Technician
$75,000 – 95,000
Provides technical support to customers through electronic dispatching, performing preventive and corrective maintenance and helping manage the customer relationship. This is a great opportunity for a self-driven candidate who thrives on working with all levels of AV technology and interfacing with customers!
- Production Support
- Solution Design
- Portfolio Delivery
- Perform advanced diagnostic troubleshooting and repairs to assigned AV/VTC systems
- Perform diagnostic testing and evaluation of new and existing products in a laboratory environment accurately documenting test measurements and performance characteristics as needed
- Provide support in VTC call management support from the endpoint as needed
- Provide control system maintenance and support including minor code changes to control system and interface graphics as needed
- Provide direct assistance and training to end-users in the operation of VTC systems
- Ensure compliance with all Customer safety and procedural guidelines at all times
- Track all maintenance activity start to finish with proper documentation
- Maintain sufficient spares on hand to affect rapid problem resolution for routine service issues
- Coordinate with National Service Center for collateral support, RMA processing and parts procurement as needed
- Maintain accurate inventory on all AV/VTC systems including spare parts
- Perform administrative tasks such as completing service tickets & reports, maintaining active status board on system readiness, etc.
- Work flexible schedule as required
- A high school diploma is required. College degree or specific industry training
- Minimum 8 years of Systems Engineering experience supporting collaboration tools across a distributed workforce
- Solid understanding of Office 365 workloads
- Experience managing and supporting Exchange Online and Skype for Business
- Experience managing video conferencing solutions: Skype for Business, BlueJeans, Zoom, Teams
- Knowledge and understanding of collaboration tools: Workplace Live, Skype/Teams
- Understanding of protocols and codecs: SIP, WebRTC, H.264, RTMP, MPEG-DASH, HLS
- Experience working with Polycom, Crestron, and Cisco video conferencing device
- Knowledge of Polycom Clariti infrastructure is a plus!
- Strong ability to troubleshoot audio and video issues for video conferencing technologies.
- Knowledge and experience of broadcast technologies such as Skype Meeting Broadcast
- Experience working under pressure
- Knowledge with networking principles and technologies including routing, load balancing, firewalls, and DNS.
- Knowledge of CUCM and relevant Cisco technologies and software
- Solid understanding of Active Directory and Active Directory integration
- The ideal candidate would have an education and/or equivalent experience in a prior Systems Engineer position
- Ability to use knowledge, sound judgment, and resourcefulness to support the design and deployment of global technology solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to participate in an on-call support rotation for 24×7 support
- Current familiarity with videoconferencing and broadcast manufacturers of equipment, including some direct training.
- Experience interpreting system drawings
- Manufacturer training and/or sufficient experience in the integration and operation of video conference endpoints and infrastructure as needed to properly maintain Customer deployed systems
- Minimum ICIA CTS Certified – CTS-D preferred
- Strong computer skills including Apple & PC-based applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint), Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project, Internet Explorer, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Skilled at Technical Writing
- Strong Team player
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated, organized, reliable and punctual
- Professional demeanor and good people skills including the ability to interact well with Customers, office personnel, field technicians, engineers, sales, vendors, and upper management, etc.
- Excellent work ethic and dedication to schedule commitments
- Professional business casual attire
- Provide own reliable transportation