5% to 7% of Gross Sales, given >20% margins
A Lead Installation Technician is responsible for basic and advanced technical and mechanical production of audiovisual and video conferencing integration projects. They actively participate in mechanical and technical products and processes to ensure a great client experience delivered with the highest quality possible.
- Provide technical installation and Guidance for basic and advanced integration projects
- Exhibit high-level experience and ability on technical processes, hardware, and software
- Provide technical understanding and guidance for basic and advanced signal flowSetup, configure and test signal flow systems
- Calibrate & tune audio and video levels and signals per performance standards
- Diagnose and correct signal flow issues with standard troubleshooting methods
- Provide mechanical install and guidance on basic and advanced integration projects
- Understand a high level of experience and ability on mechanical processes, materials, and tools
- Utilize mechanical installation standards to ensure the hardware is installed safely and as specified in the design
- Use proper methods to carefully load/unload, pack and secure materials in transit for installations
- Utilize room check process and dry-run/prep process to ensure the job is completed as designed
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment at all times
- Provide daily updates by reporting to the Production Manager and Project Managers.
- Utilize and maintain proper PPE protocol at all times
- Understand and execute document control process training for field mark-ups
- Other areas of responsibilities
- Maintain client interaction, assessment of site conditions, and training protocols
- Ensure safety training is current
- Coordinate required activities with subcontractors and personnel through the required management chain.
- High school, trade school, or college education and/or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience with AV equipment
- Advanced knowledge of VTC, ATC, networking software, and hardware.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking, switches, routers, firewalls are preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of computers (Windows-based) and software.
- Basic customer service experience
- Maintain a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and embrace a team-centric environment
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents including product specifications, wiring diagrams, and architectural drawings. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive customer inquiries or complaints. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of modern algebra and equations.
- Valid driver’s license with minimum 3-year clean driving record
- Infocomm CTS certification (3 years from employment start)
- Crestron DMC-E required (must obtain within 2 years of employment)
- Additional applicable industry certifications and training are required.
- Additional applicable manufacturer certifications and training is required
- Maintain and/or acquire OSHA 10 Hr construction within 3 months from employment start