Lead Commercial Audiovisual Technician
Level 3 | $27/hr – $32/hr
Responsible for diagnosing and repairing various types of audiovisual, videoconferencing, and IT-related systems. Thinking independently and working within the specified guidelines with minimal supervision. Actively participate in mechanical and technical products and processes to ensure a great client experience delivered with the highest quality possible.
- Provide technical support for audiovisual, videoconferencing, and IT systems
- Diagnose audiovisual, videoconferencing, and IT-related system problems Proactively manage and resolve Service Tickets
- Repair audiovisual, videoconferencing, and IT-related systems when possible, including re-terminating various cables
- Configure and program equipment for various applications
- Interface with manufacturers to identify and resolve issues
- Make recommendations as to whether it is better to repair or replace a defective product
- Effectively communicate and document activities such as keeping records up to date
- 3+ years as an Audiovisual Technician or equivalent
- Expert knowledge of commercial construction methods such as ceiling deck construction, wall framing, and structural engineering
- Must have mastered all aspects of audio-visual field installation
- Must have excellent communication skills and possess excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability and do advanced troubleshooting on any device
- Team leader who possesses excellent leadership qualities and should be able to lead a field team from rough-in to job completion.
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience with AV equipment
- Advanced knowledge of VTC, ATC, networking software, and hardware.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking, switches, routers, and firewalls is preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of computers (Windows-based) and software.
- Experience installing Crestron, BiAmp, Polycom, and ClearOne. Overseeing new construction and buildouts, videowalls, teleconferencing equipment etc.
- CTS-I Certification or higher is required.
- Must have a clean license.